Monday, September 17, 2012

Updates

I know I've been neglecting my regular routine of writing every day, but I'm back and I'll try to catch up on all the latest stuff. :)

First off, I was making the bed this morning and when I tossed one of the sham pillows up on the bed I saw something kind of jump off the pillow. My first thought was a spider....I do not like spiders and the thought of one being in my bed was horrifying. So, although I knew I had to do it, I reluctantly moved the pillows and started to pull down the covers.....it was a huge cricket! Ok, so at least it wasn't a spider, but seriously I dislike crickets almost as much as spiders....actually I would be just fine living without any spiders, crickets or bug like creatures...especially when they are in my house or anywhere near my bed. I also have so many stories involving spiders and crickets, it's not even funny, but to get back to this mornings episode.....it thankfully hopped off the bed onto the floor, so I ran to get a shoe hoping it wouldn't go under the bed, then realized as I was getting the shoe I didn't want to have to get too close to it so I switched to the fly swatter. It took a couple of attempts to get it, but I took care of it and hopefully there are no others lurking nearby hoping to make it into my bed!

Ok, now that I have that off my chest I'll move onto things more important. :)

Pregnancy Update:
Everything looked really good at my prenatal visit on Friday, which is always a good thing! Ella's heart rate was 160, and she actually behaved and held still so that was good, since in the past she has made the midwife chase her around. :) I'm measuring at 23cm, but I think I'm probably at least a week farther along then that. With Bethany I was measuring at 22cm when I was actually 25 weeks pregnant and it was that way for pretty much the whole rest of the pregnancy, so I think I tend to measure smaller than I am, maybe partly since I'm pretty long-bodied. Ella is also laying sideways right now instead of up and down, so I think that also might make me measure smaller, but I guess I won't really know for sure till she gets here, and then I'm probably not going to care too much! I am hoping that when she decides to change positions she decides to go head down like a good girl. :)
We decided to just wait until my next prenatal to check my iron since I've been taking Hema-Plex, and the midwife isn't too worried about it at this point in the pregnancy, but I have to continue taking it every day....which means I need to order more since I'm starting to run low....oh joy(not).
I've been feeling pretty good though and I was able to get out and run 3 days last week, and yes it's a slow run and I only go 2 miles, but something is better than nothing and I plan on working up to at least 3 or 4 miles so that I can hopefully keep it up until I have the baby. I've also been walking every day I don't run and even some on the days I do run, so I hope it pays off in the long run! :)

Not too much else has been happening around here. It was pretty rainy over the weekend, but Jacob was able to work with his dad on Saturday, and there should be other Saturdays he can work too, so that will be nice to have a little extra money coming in. Even with him working part of the day Saturday, Jacob and I were able to go out on a date Saturday evening and that was a fun little break....I love getting to do things just with him! Hopefully we can squeeze in some more dates before Ella gets here and we have a little tag-along. :)

I've also been in the mood for soups...must be the cooler weather. :) Of course, I'm not a real fan of healthy-for-you-vegetable-soup, I'm more in the mood for chicken and dumplings (YUM!), or potato soup(Mmm!). I'm definitely not a health-nut, although I have been trying to do better and have a protein smoothie for lunch....but then all I can think about it is chicken and dumplings, or those times when I want ice cream! Yeah, I could definitely never be a die-hard-health-nut. :)
 

0 comments: