Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Random Wednesday....

Yes, I'm seriously thinking of having a random post at least once a week.....you know those times you just have a lot of randomness floating around in your head....well, sometimes it's just nice to get it all out. :) So, enjoy!

I'm trying to figure out how to use Pandora, it's been handy for while I'm working out or doing those boring chores like folding laundry and cleaning. I still have trouble actually picking individual songs I want to hear, but it's nice to turn it on and have it just play various songs that are all similar in style. Definitely a good way to discover new favorites.

************

I just heard this from the living room: "Wow, I just about broke my brain!" Yes, that was Bethany....I don't know what to say other then I hope she makes it past her rough and tumble childhood. 

Speaking of Bethany, the other day I told the girls we needed to go outside so they could burn off some energy...her response: "Yay, we get to go outside and get more energy!" Oh boy, that was not what I was hoping would happen by sending them out to burn off excess energy....although sometimes I feel like it does the opposite of what I hope for.

Another "new" things the girls have decided to do is try to bribe each other...to be more exact they try to bribe each other with their piggy banks! Yep, I had put the girls to bed and Abigail wanted music on and Bethany didn't...a usual argument so I usually do music every other night so they both are part-way happy. Well, I could tell they were talking in their room, but I couldn't tell what they were saying, then all of a sudden Bethany announces she wanted music on! I went into their room.....

Me: "You do, I thought you didn't want music on?"
Bethany: "I do want music, Abigail said she would give me her piggy bank if I wanted the music on!" 

So, we had to have a little talk about bribing someone......we're still working on that though since I still hear an occasional "I'll give you my piggy bank." *Sigh* 

************ 

I made Chicken Divine a couple days ago. I love that stuff! I know it's probably not the healthiest meal you could make, but boy is it good and pretty easy to make. I hadn't made it in awhile so it brought back memories of when Jacob and I first got married. It was one of the first things I made for Jacob and it was also what I made if we were having anyone over for the first time....everyone always liked it.


 Oh yummy...I need to make it more often! I guess the main reason I hadn't made it in awhile was because with Jacob working all summer in the heat he didn't usually want to come home to a hot meal. Now that he's back to school though I feel like I can make some of these casseroles I like so much. :) If you've never had Chicken Divine you should give it a try....it's good, I promise!

0 comments: