Sunday, April 21, 2013

Flowers...


Spring is here. 

April is sailing by so fast, and Ella's been gone for a little over three months already. I don't mean to sound depressing, because I am glad Spring is here, but it's sad that time is going by so quickly. I suppose wanting to hold back time isn't good either since time is what helps us heal, but still....

The other day I was able to get some pictures of some of the Spring flowers that have managed to come up even with the back and forth between warm and cold weather. Hopefully soon I'll be able to plant some flowers on Ella's grave.

Jacob took this after we had a little graveside service for Ella back in January.....
 My mom had the idea of doing the wooden letters wrapped in fabric, and a couple of my sisters spent a couple hours working on them....it was really sweet of them to surprise me with it, and I love it. 
I love you guys so much!

In the baskets are African Violets that we all got to take home...mine sit on our fireplace so they stay warm, but still get sunlight....plus, I can see them every morning when I wake up.
We didn't get any pictures of them, but we also had some yellow roses. I know yellow isn't usually a color that people use for funerals, but one of the meanings of the name Ella is: "Torch or bright light," and I thought yellow would be a good symbol of the bright light she was in those nine months that I carried her.
So, now I'm rather partial to yellow and purple flowers, of course I've always loved flowers and I've wanted to have my own rose/flower garden for awhile now, but someday there will be an area in my flower garden with some of these roses....
Violet Mist
'Violet Mist' miniature rose

miniature roses
'Vi's Violet' miniature rose
http://www.davidhuntergardencenters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Rose-Miniature-Behold-1.jpg
'Behold' miniature rose
'Sun Sprinkles' miniature rose
I don't know that I'll be blogging all the time, but I do kind of miss it....just need to find a balance. I think about Ella all the time, so a lot of the time I want to write about her and how things are going as life is moving on without her, but at the same time I don't want everyone thinking that's all I'll ever write about. So, I guess I'll write and see how it goes. :)
Even in the wild flowers there's beauty.

1 comments:

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

I just stumbled onto your blog again the other night, and I don't even know what to say. I am so so very sorry you had to endure this kind of thing; I cannot imagine. I do hope that you continue to write; write about whatever your heart desires. Good days with your little ones and bad days when you're upset. My heart aches for you and I want you to know I'm thinking of you, sweet girl. I hope you are doing okay.