Monday, September 27, 2010

Fishing & Sunsets

Friday night Jacob and I went fishing when he got home from work. We live right next to 3 little lakes which have some nice bass, crappie, blue gill and catfish....probably some more, but that's all that I can think of right now. Jacob and I have gone out a couple times now, where we'll leave the girls with his parents and we'll stay out till dark (and the girls bedtime) fishing! It's like a date on the lake at sunset! It's been a lot of fun, even when we got rained on a little last time. :) Ok, partly its been because I've been doing pretty well at catching fish! It's my blog so I have the right to brag just a little....ok, it'll probably end up being a lot! :) So, the last time I caught a crappie not long after we started fishing and ended up with 5 fish total; the other 4 being bass....which was the most fish I've ever caught at one time....actually probably the most fish I've ever caught period! I haven't really fished much since having the girls though. Jacob caught 5 bass too, so we were even and, of course, I was pretty happy about having caught the same amount as him seeing how he's been fishing since he was like 3!Then Friday, right off the bat, I caught a bass! It was too little to keep, but it was still a bite (you'll see why that's so important later! ;) ). I had another bite and then I caught 2 more bass that were keepers...only about 11 inches each. Then after a little while longer I caught a 13 1/2 almost 14 inch bass! He was a good looking fish...probably one of my biggest so far! So, yes needless to say I was pretty thrilled! :) I didn't get any more after that, so it was kind of a slow evening of fishing, especially for Jacob who only got one bite the whole evening! I told him it was because the fish like my bright pink fishing pole (Jacob got it for me while he was deployed and it's really really nice) and he's going to want to start using my pole because of all the fish I'm catching! :) I also told him it helps to sweet talk the fish into biting! He laughed about that, but when we were about to be done he gave it a try! To explain the "sweet talking"....when I start fishing I just randomly start talking to the fish and tell them that they want me to catch them and that they love me so they should let me catch them.....and so on and so forth! Sounds crazy I know, but hey, I catch fish so maybe they do like to be talked to sweetly! ;) Btw, so far there hasn't been anyone fishing when we've been out there, so if you were wondering what other people think and if I'm a disturbance, don't worry, as of yet no one but Jacob has had to deal with listening to me talk to the fish! :)The bottom lake where Jacob and I usually go fishing....the water is usually a little calmer too.
Abigail and Bethany watching Daddy and Papa fishing! Abigail kept asking if they were swimming, so I tried to explain that they were sitting in a boat! :)
Jacob and his dad out fishing on the middle lake.
It was a beautiful sunset! Next time I go fishing I'll try to remember to take the camera so I can get pictures of Jacob and I fishing together....of course, they probably won't be as nice as this one since I'll be in the boat....and catching lots of fish I'm sure! :)

1 comments:

Hillary Brown said...

I love the little girls in their matching outfits! So cute! :)